Wednesday 15 January 2014

My top five dance moments of 2013

1. Discovering that the Royal Opera House has 'day seats' opened up a whole new world of possibilities!

2. Alina Cojocaru and Johan Kobborg's farewell performance for the Royal Ballet. The most intense ballet performance I have ever seen. I feel so lucky to have been there!


Johan Kobborg and Alina Cojocaru at their farewell curtain calls.
© Ellen West, courtesy the Royal Opera House.


3. Wayne McGregor's new ballet "Raven Girl". I especially loved the final pas de deux with Sarah Lamb and Eric Underwood.


Sarah Lamb and Eric Underwood in Raven Girl
© ROH / Johan Persson 2013



4. The Stuttgart Ballet's "Made in Germany" mixed bill at Sadler's Wells.  

Especially "Le Grand Pas de Deux"...


...and "Mona Lisa".



5. 
Jean Abreu's "Blood" at the Royal Opera House’s Linbury Studio Theatre. The bit where he drinks his own urine was definitely the most shocking thing I saw all year! But even without this shock effect it would have made my top five. The visuals were fantastic!



Jean Abreu in BLOOD with designs by Gilbert & George.© Dave Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment